Monday, May 9, 2011

Would of, Could of, Should of.....

I never have been accused of being stingy.

So this is something new, blogging from home. I haven’t had a home internet connection for a few years now. It was one of those things. Tired of dealing with over priced, connection problem laden, monopolistic corporations that suck you dry for access to the “free” World Wide Web. So I bailed, used my break and lunch time at work to get my internet work done. Granted it has been limited. Yet, now that I have my very own blogosphere, I felt I needed more access. Obviously I also have too much money and had to get rid of it somehow. So I bit the bullet and signed on the line for home internet access. Though, it is with mixed feeling (outside of the damage to my wallet) and trepidation. Being off the grid, sort to speak, and AFK was a freedom that I am not totally ready to give up. So I am put in an awkward situation. On one side, wanting to be off-line, private, and non-traceable marketing data. The other side, I blog. So because of a simple T1 line I have become embroidered in “a quandary . . . being devoured by the swirling cesspool of his own steaming desires”. Well, not quite a wreck, but I do still scrinch when I say “I blog”. And I should be happy, duality is a step down from my normal personal arguments. Yet, though it’s not earth shattering or by no means an internal crisis of ethics, it is somewhat bothersome. What’s a guy to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment