Monday, July 25, 2011

shoes

Sit up straight, it will give you a positive attitude. Smile.

S.T.A.M.P. is a Behavioral Science acronym for predicting potential violent episodes. Typical risk factors in someone who may become violent include Staring; Tone (raised or tense voice); Anxiety (tapping feet or clenching fists); Mumbling; Pacing the floor.

You have got to be kidding, right? Staring aimlessly out a window, sarcastic voice, tapping feet, pen, drumming fingers, talking to one self and pacing …..that’s like a description of my whole fucking day here. What are you trying to say, that I am a potentially violent individual? I don’t think so.

We feel that the STAMP system provides an easy to remember checklist that can be used in a wide range of potentially stressful situations to provide an initial indication of possible violence. Recognizing the early signs that can lead to a violent episode can give staff the time they need to defuse the situation before it escalates.

You people are serious. How can you suggest that I am a violent individual? I have no history of violence, have been in very few altercations throughout my life, don’t exhibit any sort of sociopathic tendencies. Yet you are saying that this STAMP predicts that I may become violent at any point?

Staring was an important early indicator of potential violence. It was frequently noted in observational data and featured in nine of the 16 observed violent episodes. Tone and volume of voice was associated with 13 of the 16 violent episodes. Most of the cases involved raised voices and yelling but two involved sarcastic and caustic replies.

REALLY? And all indication show that MARS as the red planed and named after the God of War provokes VIOLENCE, and women are from Venus. WHAT sort of ISOLATED ACADEMIC THEOLOGIAN would subscribe to such a litmus test mentality? I think you have you head up your journals.

Mumbling or speaking to oneself, is perceived to be a sign of mounting frustration and a cue for violence. Pacing was seen as an indication of mounting agitation, a que for impending violence.

I can’t believe that I have to sit through this crap. And you, and your shoes. Your wearing a black suit with brown penny loafers. Penny loafers, who the hell wears penny loafer anymore? Especially the ones with the little tassels. Has anyone ever mentioned that warm tone brown shoes do not go with a black suit. If you are going to present such shit, at least be presentable yourself. The things you see when you don’t have a gun.

If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this place!
-Lt. Col. Frank Slade_Al Pacino

No comments:

Post a Comment