Tuesday, April 10, 2012

an i versary

So once again here I am. You miss me….yea, I didn’t think so. It’s been almost a full year since I started this experiment in the typed word. Being the egocentric pretentious ass that I am, I thought that by now I would be some all famous blogger. With minions of followers, pining over what my next post would be. Headlining in “Recent Blogs of Note”, winning a weblog award or maybe a blogger choice. How about a Hugo? Why am I not being quoted on ABC News? I guess it would have helped if I actually wrote something. Yet, I look over my post and realize that these are not nearly as erratic and doomed as my life. Always a silver lining. Well at least they are not in the downward nosedive of a spiral that my life is. And hell at least I got the whinny bit down. I should build on my strengths. Yet, once again I feel that I am just missing the picture. Who would have thought that the whole internet thing was just to be a repository for stupid pet trick movies. What ever happened to the good old days when it was all about porn. I should film my terrorist cat shredding my legs, it would go viral and make me famous. YEA! I could be up there with the likes of the Kardashians. Or maybe my life would become similar to an HBO Series, more naked women and fucking.
Some place along here I digressed. What was I thinking? Tripe, yea, tripe……that’s where I started…….



HAGGIS

Ingredients

• 1 sheep stomach
• 1 sheep liver
• 1 sheep heart
• 1 sheep tongue
• 1/2 pound suet, minced
• 3 medium onions, minced
• 1/2 pound dry oats, toasted
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon dried ground herbs

Directions

Rinse the stomach thoroughly and soak overnight in cold salted water.

Rinse the liver, heart, and tongue. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook these parts over medium heat for 2 hours. Remove and mince. Remove any gristle or skin and discard.

In a large bowl, combine the minced liver, heart, tongue, suet, onions, and toasted oats. Season with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Moisten with some of the cooking water so the mixture binds. Remove the stomach from the cold salted water and fill 2/3 with the mixture. Sew or tie the stomach closed. Use a turning fork to pierce the stomach several times. This will prevent the haggis from bursting.

In a large pot of boiling water, gently place the filled stomach, being careful not to splash. Cook over high heat for 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment