“MOW THE LAWN…MOW THE LAWN….MOW THE LAWN”.” Yes I need to cut the grass”. “It’s a jungle out there”.
A ghost, small shadow of a man responds to the voices in his head. In the solitude of the mechanical background noise and the electronic magnetic field generation from the computer monitors, he listens to the chatter of his keyboard and clicking of his finger on the mouse. Body disconnected from thought processes, a modern corporate human user interface schizoid, buried in the cubefarm, 14th floor, section 2, 1474. Drolling out an existence that meets the normality principle. In practice, the very model of a moderrrnn….man or major in tel lec teerrr…..general. As if sudden awaken and able to breathe. He glances around at the three and a half walls that surround him. Then a glaze comes over his eyes and he returns to the keyboard.
“Where did that come from I wonder?” “Don’t ask me”.” It sounds quite quadratic”.” Just stop it”. “I was thinking about grass”. “Yea, so is Sanjay”.” What?” “What”. “What?” “I need to cut the grass”. “I think its suppose to rain on..(?)Thursday(?)”.” No Friday from what I recall”. “Yea, I need to cut the grass, tonight”. “Just avoid the cat”. “That’s not a cat, it’s a monster”. “I know, should never have let it watch shark week”. “Yea, now you are just a baby seal”. “Tell me about it”. “Dove out from under the couch and tore up my leg, like a Great White”. “Damn cat”. “Freaking Monster”. “Seal, Damn, I’ll like to do Heidi Klum”. “What?” “What?” “What!
Ah..yeaaa…NO. I need to get this report out to Ms. Dante ASAP. I will not be able to attend that meeting.
“Did that phone actually ring, or did I just pick it up?” “I didn’t hear it ring”. “Of course it rang, idiots”. “That’s pretty aggressive”. “So when did the word progressive become an insult?” “Worst than liberal”. “Affront to society”. “They like to patter your butt with it”. “I wonder if Heidi likes to get...” “Shut up about Heidi already”. “I mean in general, isn’t progressive better than stagnant or backwards?”“I think this is getting progressively worst”. “You think so?” “Drop the sarcasm”. “Maybe I should talk to someone about this”. “Like you’re not now?” “Damn, if I could meet Heidi Klum..”. “Shut up!” “I need to cut the grass”.
No comments:
Post a Comment