Tuesday, August 9, 2016

it's a long long lonely time, before the dawn

I am a functioning addict. Though it is somewhat questionable on the meaning of “functioning”. I spend my evenings polluting my body and my mind. Pounding poisons in an attempt to kill my feeling, to stop the depression, to be happy. Addicted to the black death cult of virtual life, I gladly drink their sacrificial offerings. Swipe left, swipe right and my virtual life is wanting all to see. I swallow the greasy liquid, inebriated at the sense of my virtual friends. I hang with the beautiful people and gorge myself on their likes. Loosing count, my body thirsts for more, guzzling the feeds, saturating my existing and blacking out my brain. Night after night my body shakes in the troughs of a burning alcoholic light in an attempt to stave off the encroaching blackness. And I continually yearn for followers as my virtual friends seem so real, so alive and I but a repost. Drunk, inebriated, every poor oozing alcohol, I never see the end of the evening and pass out without recognition of the time or night.


Why am I still alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment