Thursday, December 29, 2011

we interupt this...

Ok
As you may have guessed, the holidays are not my thing, I truly do hate them. And I have never been accused of being overtly optimistic. Dark, brooding, skeptical, whinny and fairly disgusted with what is so often labeled humanity, I’m not quite the poster child for heart warm stories. Hell I even gagged at the “Polar Express” (that animation looks so creepy it must be Hell) and find “The Christmas Story” with “Ralphy” a trite pseudo 50 Joan Cleaver nightmare….. So this is going to sound weird coming from me.

I know this lovely lady named Karin Diamond. Our paths had crossed for a very short time, we had been “associates”. I didn’t really know much about her, you could barely call us acquaintances never mind friends. Then in 2009 she was diagnosed with a very nasty cancer. She started a blog and I have been following her plight. She is truly inspirational, putting up a very hard and long lasting battle to beat this devastating thing. Through most all of it, she’s been so upbeat in the face of true terror. Anyway, she has recently posted a Christmas Story that is very heart warming, inspirational, and makes you want to believe. YES, I actually typed those words….it even makes my fingers feel strange.

Go here, Read this…..

Merry Christmas Story.html

…please.


Now, back to our regular scheduled programming……………..

No comments:

Post a Comment