Monday, September 17, 2012

Finishing Last

So I am a whining asshole, nothing new there. I whine about my job (most American's hate their job when surveyed), my seemingly lack of what some call a life, the way people drive, the self-centerness (not me, how could anyone think I was self centered?) of others, the intolerance of society, etc, etc, etc…And I sometimes think that I am off base. I mean really, how can it truly be that bad? Take this weekend for instant. After working over 45 hour last week and only being paid for 40, thus having to “flex” (Yes, totally against labor laws) to cover what my corporate Mother requirements of me, I spent all day on Saturday doing a complete brake job (new rotors and pad all the way around) on a friend’s car to save her money. So you might think, nice guy, must have good karma. But what did that get me? Screaming phone calls in the middle of the night, threats from drug dealers, having to confiscate illegal stolen guns from stupid family members, drunken neighbors crashing their quad at 2am in the morning, cops, suicide threats, an ex-mother-in-law that calls to blame me for ALL the world’s evils, and a son that refuses to go to school because he doesn’t like the teachers. Just to come to work and have to deal with total incompetence and stupidity on the case of my now “Co-workers”. Ah Monday, it is good to see you again, my old friend. Whining, what was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment