Sitting amongst the frozen leaves, I try to think of a time when I wasn’t always…. Wondering where the dreams have gone. It is by late that I come to this place, forgetting all but the simplest realities. The fever has broken and I miss it’s spinning head intensity. Direction, I seem to have lost my direction. Where’s my mapquest app? Where was I going with all of this? I remember a time when I loved the New England Autumn. The leaves changing, the intensity of color. Now but only a precursor to frozen lands and snow covered streets. The leaves are nothing but yard work, a burden. Task that I am too far behind on, and still they fall. Everything drops from the sky as it turns that deeper winter blue. There is a persistence chill in the air while darkness creeps up early on us. The evenings are full of wood stove heat. All the world is on fire, yet you don’t bring me flowers, and just leaf thru my existence.

No comments:
Post a Comment