Wednesday, February 8, 2012

LEAP

February is the longest month. Not in days of course, even with Leap Year making it’s appearance. But just in premise. I believe that it has something to do with the slant of the sun. It becomes bright and blue sky, the sun is out longer and longer every night, yet it is still bitter cold. The wind blows the winter into your face, when all one wants is the slightest hint of spring. Crushing one’s hopes, one’s desires, with blatant matter of fact reality. Winter stalks the land and all tremble in it’s presence. We even look to fat lazy marmots to forecast our future. Your shadow(?), six more weeks…..noooooo. But what is this, above freezing weather? Thank the powers that be for Global Warming (shut up, I didn’t just type that, I will rot in hell).Yet still the winds have that biting arctic hatred to them. You can feel the animosity, the vicious malevolence breathing at the back of your neck. Wanting, desiring, lusting for your demise and the return to barren lifeless lands of ice and snow. And there in the midnight blue sky, my lover the moon, burning in a warm glow like an antique kerosene lamp. Inviting, voluptuous and yearning for my touch. Yet, so unattainable. This morning she cried out for me. As the dreaded February clouds webbed her in like giant spiders. Making her become faint and out of focus, until she was only a hint of cobwebbed light. Yet I could feel her breath beating in my chest. I was up at “0 dark thirty”, for my daily pilgrimage to mother. Hacking and coughing out the venomous cold air, like a 7o year old chain smoker. A sickness I cannot shake. Non-scripts, vitamins, fluids, and the big guns of juice and Chicken soup, yet to no avail. I feel broken, decrepit, and unwanted. Once again asking myself why am I still alive. And this year I was hoping to change that mantra. Fatigued by Winter, waylaid by a common cold, bemoaning existentialism and yearning for rebirth. Ah February, you arrived in all your glory. This too will pass. Where did I leave that time machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment