Blank screen. Staring aimlessly at me, curser blinking in it’s syncopated rhythm. I pretend it’s winking at me, and smile in self amusement. I guess that I should type, something. It is past the end of January, and I find myself in an Alpha/Omega mood. The month that has been designated to begin it all has ended. Unlike my friend the Phoenix, it left in a whimper. So here I sit and review my itinerary from the start, as if this was the original plan. Thirty one days have passed from sight. Each one had lasted a lifetime and disappeared in an instant. Gotta love time travel. I remember the ending of last year, surviving those holidays with fierce determination to stay true to non-commercial intentions. Then defiantly stepping into the new year, 2012. Oh, man. It’s all over my shoes. From there I shuttled back and forth between weeks and days. Slowly landing on the 1st with grand visions of hope and charity, but already deifying the chastity bit before the buss left the spa. Then there was the 26th, with its grey sky and ice cold winds that blew freezing hatred thru soulless streets and around eyeless buildings. Back to the 4th with all it’s crushing depression and angst like that of a teen emo on a forced Bjork diet. Finally ending on a spring note, teasing and tempting with warmth and sun, and visitation from friends forgotten. Ten emotions in eight days. This is Friday, then this must be complacency or is that Brussels? Next time, I think I will take the train.
No comments:
Post a Comment