Monday, September 10, 2012

OFF

Things have slipped away, again. I find myself awashed on the rocky shore. Banged and bruised by the waves and the stone. Drenched and aching I stand to stare into the darkness and all that I find is the date staring back at me. And I shiver. So for tomorrow...September 11th, remember....

Remember, the senseless loss of so many lives and the suffering of the families.

Remember, it is a tragedy for ANY innocent person to die, especially due to political agendas.

Remember, religious fanaticism, whether right or left, is Wrong.

Remember, intolerance and injustice goes hand in hand.

Remember, there is no such thing as "your truth", or "their truth", but only "the truth". And it's supported by facts not lies.

Remember, hatred, bias, and prejudice brought the towers down.

Remember, we are better than that. This is America, the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

Remember, it's our right for each of us to be different, that makes us all Americans.

Remember 911

And remember, as the lyrics of so many songs have told us, love is the answer.

1 comment: