Wednesday, December 26, 2012

ah

I find myself at a particular crossroad. I have volumes of rants that want to be heard. From the season, to the Mayans, commercialism, gluttony, stupidity, and too many deaths. All fighting to get out, to ride the razor edge. Yet there is an emptiness inside of me. The darkness of apathy and “who gives a fuck”.  It restricts my fingers from typing and resounds in my head like thunder in the night sky. And for a moment I think, that opening my skull and letting it all out would remove this sadness, righting all that is wrong. Probably would, but who am I to say. Then again, the year end is upon us, hope and the dawning of a new day, a new year. A time for all those resolutions, the “best of 2012” list, and a reflection on what was lost. So much to look forward to, so much to reflect upon. It would be such a shame not to indulge is those temptations. Yet, temptation is such a wanton thing. Yes, I’ll have L7 with the pork fried rice, egg roll and wanton soup. Probably not the healthiest choice, as dietary advice would put it. But sometimes one just needs to give in to the excitement and attraction. Seeking fulfillment and passion, making the world yours. Or at least becoming a Revisionist Historian.....

Really, fortune cookie before the meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment